Marc-Antony's mom was going to go a poetry reading at UH at 7:30pm.
Marc-Antony insisted that I go as well, and so I did.
Some things were not so grand, but overall it was great.
Marc-Antony's mom gave me an original 1985 copy of Sandra Cisneros' novel, "The House On Mango Street," which I got signed by the author/poet.
The event ended at 10pm.
The ice-cream and the cake were scrumptious together!
The day before (on my actual birthday), Marc-Antony took me to Petite Sweets to get one of every French macaron and a free chocolate-toffee bon bon or cake ball.
Of course, the sweet treats didn't last too long with my sweet tooth.
The "birthday shindig" made me feel special!
I would say it's mostly due to Marc-Antony's mom though, since Marc-Antony is usually pretty thoughtless and doesn't make plans of any kind for us.
Sometimes I question if he even really knows me at all...
Or maybe it is I that doesn't know him.
No comments:
Post a Comment