Sunday, September 30, 2012

25th Day of Birth

12:08AM

It's officially my birthday.
Sadly, no birthday wishes from Marc-Antony yet.
And my head throbs in pain.


7:43AM

Marc-Antony texted me "Day Birth Happy! [insert red-heart icon]"at 3:21AM, which is when he went to sleep, I suspect.
A few people wished me "Happy Birthday" on my FaceBook account.

Then I started thinking...
Why do people say "Happy Birthday"?
What happens if you're not happy and it's your birthday?
I think people should say, "Congratulations on your day of birth!"
Or say something inspiring, if you really cared.


8:01AM

I'm 25 and my life is in ruins, or so I feel.


// UPDATE //

So, the 2012 Houston Vintage Market at Coininside was alright. I wasn't in the friendliest mood, since I was still pretty uber depressed. Some kind people made me feel like life is liveable, but overall I still questioned living (and I still do).

Marc-Antony hadn't told his parents it was my birthday, until last minute--as usual. He's a selfish brat! This is the third birthday together, and twice he has let me down in some way on my birthday. The second birthday together (when I turned 24 years old) wasn't bad, because we went to San Antonio... that was possibly one of my best birthdays with Marc-Antony. He just doesn't understand the importance of a birthday or celebrating it, from my perspective, since he shares his birthday with his mom (quite balderdash, in my opinion). The point is he doesn't understand because his mom plans everything since it's her birthday as well, so he doesn't really do anything special. Plus, I don't like it when he gets treated like some special child, and I get treated like the lowly one--no birthday surprises or specialties for me (except on a date after my actual birth date), hence I resort to trying to make him feel desolate on his birthday. I know it's not good nor proper... and maybe I wouldn't if he knew how to treat me right!

Anyways, the good thing is... I started feeling better once I spent more time with Marc-Antony. Keep in mind, I'm still angry at him and saddened by his actions.

Well, luckily, I got French macarons and a free chocolate-toffee cake ball or "bon bon" from Petite Sweets. And I got to watch the 1990 Bernardo Bertolucci film, "The Sheltering Sky," at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Marc-Antony came with me and it wasn't completely what I expected, but I don't mind. I kept thinking "I bet that's what Marc-Antony likes" when the scene with the Bedouin whore/prostitute and her bare, behemoth breasts came on screen. He didn't even flinch. Whereas, I actually did when they showed John Malkovich's penis on screen.

Ugh, whatever.

Marc-Antony's mom made me feel better... she knows how to treat birthdays since she's a lady. Marc-Antony's dad made some gumbo. Unfortunately it wasn't the best gumbo he's made, yet I've always wanted gumbo to be made on my birthday. I told Marc-Antony that once, but he never relayed the message to his dad.

Marc-Antony let me down, but God got me up.

The best part about my birthday was the weather... it was cloudy, windy, and chilly. Perfection!

P.S. I finally started eating again (somewhat), since I couldn't eat the past few days due to emotional distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment