Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Writing Skills: Compliment

Today, my Fashion Advertising professor, Nicolas ChampRoux messaged me the following in regards to the draft version of my final paper for the online course: 

"Good morning Elvia, 

Just a quick note to say I just read your final paper and was truly impressed. 

Needless to say: your draft is flawless and requires no rewrite. I gave you 100% but I would give you more if the system let me. 

You're extremely talented at researching and writing, and I hope your talent gets recognized fast and by the right people. I wouldn't be surprised to see your name appear in the pages of the New Yorker at some point, as a respected journalist or a celebrated author. 

I wish you best of luck in your endeavors! It was a real treat to have you in the class: you really set the standard for the rest of the class. 

Enjoy your summer!!

Niko"

I was really shocked to even see this message, since I felt the draft version could be better... I didn't really get to work on my paper as much as I wanted to, since Soman uncle a.k.a "Hitler" came from Queens, NY to stay with our family for a week.

Anyways, this message will serve as a reminder for how skilled I am, for those times when I'm overly critical of myself and I need a positive reinforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment