Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cashback

Good things are always awaiting, if you're willing to wait for them.

///

I saw the film "Cashback" on Netflix.

Initially I saw it with Marc-Antony when we rented it from Blockbuster months (if not a year) ago. Point being, a long time back from now. I thought it was an interesting film with a great story to it, however I never finished watching the whole film with Marc-Antony due to my insecurity and the fact that there was nothing but naked women ("aesthetic porn") throughout the film.

I didn't like it - I didn't feel comfortable with Marc-Antony watching other naked women while lying next to me in bed; acting as if it's normal to just watch other women like that. It's a double standard in society, really!

I'm sure it would be different if the standard were switched... would he be okay with me watching a brilliant film minus the fact that there's nothing but naked men throughout the film? Really?!

I decided one day I will finish the film, but on my own - without Marc-Antony nor his knowledge (although this blog post will say otherwise). Well, I finished the film via Netflix a few minutes ago and I realized that last time (and the first time) I saw the film with Marc-Antony I didn't quite appreciate the story as much (though it was a great story) since there was an overindulgence of naked women throughout the film! I couldn't handle it anymore and I burst into my insecure tears, thus never watching (what I now realize to be) the last 25 minutes of the film.

Today I finished the film. Today I learned something.
Something that I have learned from my own perspective and life experiences, accompanied with the film's ending... that good things are always awaiting, if you're willing to wait for them.

The last 25 minutes of the film were the greatest elements of the film! I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before, but I couldn't be expected to since at that particular frame of mind I was highly sensitive, etc.

Now I realized that the last 25 minutes of the film showcased that dreams do come true, love does happen and Daphne Guinness (the European heiress, artist and ultimate fashionista) was featured in the film toward the end along with brilliant, illustrative artwork of British fine artist Jessica Albarn!

Quote from the film's lead character, Ben Willis:
"Once upon a time, I wanted to know what love was. Love is there if you want it to be. You just have to see that it's wrapped in beauty and hidden away in between the seconds of your life. If you don't stop for a minute, you might miss it."

No comments:

Post a Comment